Are small businesses making the most of 4G?
Since its launch, 4G has seen a considerable uptake amongst UK’s large enterprises, offering superfast connectivity and increased workforce collaboration. Paul Lawton, O2′s head of Small Business, talks you through the options
Many small businesses are too busy focusing on the business itself to stay abreast of the technology they use to run it. But making the most of the opportunities that faster mobile broadband provide can pay dividends and help them get ahead of the game.
If you’re worried about the cost of a faster mobile internet service, it’s worth taking time to consider the benefits.
Here are the top five reasons to consider investing in 4G.
- Working flexibly: If you are just starting your business, office space may still be a long-term goal, with many of your team working remotely while out meeting clients or pitching for new business. 4G allows you to make use of cloud and collaboration tools like Microsoft Office 365, Evernote or Box, so you can access your files and edit documents on the move.
- Video conferencing: While face-to-face meetings are always preferable, there isn’t always time to meet your clients in person. Advancements in mobile technology now allow you to make high-definition video calls from your phone using 4G, meaning you can recreate that ‘in person’ experience without having to invest in expensive video conferencing tools.
- Real-time customer service: Consumers are increasingly abandoning the customer service line and taking to Twitter or Facebook when they want to voice their opinions on a brand. 4G allows you to access your social media channels instantly, meaning you can provide a better service by keeping on top of customer enquiries and responding to any issues efficiently.
- Being prepared: We’ve all been in that position where we’ve left an important document on our computer at home. If you’re using a cloud-based system, though, 4G allows you to access everything on the go. You’ll never be left unprepared, and embarrassed, again.
- Being flexible:One of the key advantages small businesses have is size. Big businesses have to cater for thousands of employees; you just have to think for a handful, allowing you to react quickly and remain flexible. Early adoption of services like super-fast mobile internet can help small businesses be more agile. It’s a key advantage, so you need to make the most of it.
For small businesses looking to invest in 4G, there are a few things to consider. First, it’s important to check if the service is available in your area.
You also need to ensure both you and your team have 4G-compatible devices. In addition, if you have a cloud-based service that is accessible through mobile, it’s vital to ensure you’ve taken the appropriate security precautions to protect your data.
The advantages of 4G are many and varied, whether it’s making remote working simpler, engaging with customers in new ways or providing innovative means to collaborate with business partners. Don’t let the big businesses steam ahead and make sure yours is keeping up and staying competitive.
Articles are written by independent journalists and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of O2