O2 Recycle for Business: £200m paid out to our customers!
Liam Harrington, Commercial Planning & Development Manager for O2’s Enterprise & Public Sector Division, reports on a very significant milestone for O2 Recycle.
I joined O2 straight after graduating from university last year and am fortunate enough to work on a number of partnership programmes and events designed to deliver added value to our enterprise, public sector, and business customers. As well as managing O2 Open, our benefits programme for O2 business customers and their employees, I’m also responsible for O2 Recycle for Business, our free service for O2 Business customers to recycle their old phones and other gadgets.
Awards and milestones
2018 has been a gigantic year for O2 Recycle. Back in June, we were proud to be crowned Best Recycling & ReCommerce Serviceat the Mobile Industry Awards 2018. However this month we have an even greater milestone to announce: O2 Recycle has now paid out £200 million to all our customers, and for businesses like yours that could mean significant capital to reinvest in new technology or to support charitable donations as part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes.
We find that businesses and organisations of all sizes have redundant kit lying around that could be converted into working capital, and would benefit from the O2 Recycle service. For example, here’s how O2 Recycle supports the City of London Police:
“Our redundant mobile phones and tablets get collected by O2. We also recycle lost and stolen mobile devices that are handed in by the public.We get between 40 and 50 mobile phones handed in to us each month, and we recycle the ones whose owners we have been unable to locate or trace. O2 pay us for each device we recycle, and we donate the money raised to a number of charities, including our own City of London Police children’s charity.”
City of London Police
You can watch a short video about O2 Recycle’s work with the City of London Police here.
5 good reasons
We get that there are plenty of companies offering to turn old tech into cash. But O2 Recycle offers so much more than just money. Here are five good reasons for making O2 Recycle your default choice:
- O2 Recycle isn’t just for mobile phones – you can recycle tablets, laptops and other gadgets like headphones too.
- O2 Recycle wipes every device securely – in fact we are a Blancco Gold Partner, employing certified data erasure software that has been tested, certified, approved and recommended by fifteen governing bodies around the world.
- O2 Recycle guarantees that 100% is recycled and nothing whatsoever goes into landfill – in fact O2 Recycle has saved around 290 tonnes of material from landfill to date.
- O2 Recycle price matches* – so if you find a better price within seven days then we will match it.
- O2 Recycle is so easy – We will either send you a postage page box or tote bag for your recycled items, or arrange a free courier collection. If you are happy with your quote then we will pay you via bank transfer, hardware credit or direct into a charity of your choice.
Does your business own redundant technology that could be converted to working capital? What are you waiting for? To get started, or to find out more, head over to http://o2recycle4business.co.uk or contact us at email@example.com.