Unified Communications from O2 – the Heartbeat of our Communities.
By Ian Taylor, Head of Specialists, Unified Communications, O2 UK
There are increasing demands on government to deliver better, more effective, sustainable public services, (and all with a greater accountability to the citizens it serves).
For many years now O2 has been focused on laying the foundations for digital transformation across the UK Public Sector, helping many organisations transition gradually towards a truly digitised environment.
Collaboration is at the very heart of this transformation, as common (unified) communication toolsets begin to create much more productive environments for everyone, across simplified, standardised and interconnected platforms. These investments are, in turn, beginning to deliver the building blocks for better working practices, which better support public sector employees in their daily roles and ultimately forge measured improvements in citizen services across our local regions.
Real estate consolidation, shared services and flexible working practices rank highly in the priorities of all public sector organisations today, but what about other equally important areas? Such as a widening desire for devolution? Or greater social inclusion? Or the increased exposure to risk for local authorities that the new Universal Credit payment might create? All of these issues also resonate strongly across local regional government and our communities.
But it’s my firm belief that in order to deliver genuine innovation across our communities, that’s sustainable innovation, we must deliver highly reliable and secure, people centric solutions, which actually unite our local authorities and the citizens they serve.
And there are some real world examples of where O2 is delivering ground breaking initiatives in partnership with some of our local authority customers today:
- Community-wide platforms to better support devolution, providing local Communities with more power, and providing local leaders representing regional interests cost effective, often free, collaborative tools to discuss how local budgets are best spent.
- Integrating citizen service operations, such as housing, with social media, giving citizens the opportunity to shift communications based on choice, supported by free O2 tablets and local O2 Public Wifi. This is extending community reach, driving down the cost and resource associated with ‘traditional’ public communications and increasing service satisfaction.
- Equipping frontline Customer Service Agents with the right tools to promote increased First Time Call Resolution (FTCR) through back office integration, allowing more immediate satisfaction for citizens.
- Providing tools that allow speedier bridging of translation services, removing both the latency and cost so common for many local authorities across their citizen service operations today.
- Highly reliable and secure, people centric collaboration tools to promote effective inter-working across co-dependent public and private partnerships, integrating external bodies through Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence directly into the heart of local authorities.
O2 are working at the very heart of these initiatives today so if you’d like to learn more about how we can help bind local authorities closer to the communities they serve through our UC solutions, please contact me.
Ready to scale up your business? Call an O2 business specialist on 0800 028 0202 or call free from your O2 mobile on 8002.